Create and Optimize Dedicated Landing Pages
The Marketing Optimizer for WordPress plugin provides you with a complete system to create and test landing pages on your WordPress site. With Marketing Optimizer for WordPress you can either choose one of the pre-designed templates included in the plugin, or use a template from your current theme as a starting point. This allows you to use a skin on your landing page that exactly matches the theme on your site, creating a more consistent and stronger brand image for your offering. Here are the steps to creating a landing page:
- Click on the ‘Landing Pages’ section in your WordPress administration.
- Click ‘Add New’
- Choose either a pre-built landing page template to modify, or choose a template from your current theme.
- If you choose your current theme you will be presented with a drop-down menu to choose the specific template from your theme.
- Design your page, create as many variations as you would like
- While you are here, enter in the ‘Marketing Optimizer Variation ID’, the variation Id from this variation in the Marketing Optimizer web app. This will allow you to track each landing page variation through the entire sales process.
- Monitor the results in the Landing Page list
- ID: The system ID of the variation.
- Imp: The number of impressions the variation has received.
- Visits: The number of unique visitors that have visited the page.
- Conv: The number of visitors that converted after having viewed this page.
- CR: The conversion rate, or percentage of visitors that converted after having viewed this page.
- Confidence: The statistical likelihood that this variation will continue to beat the control at the same rate that it currently is. In a nutshell, we want to wait until this is 95% or greater before declaring a ‘winner’.
- Actions: Preview, pause, and delete the variation.
- Total Impressions: The number of impressions for all variations of this landing page.
- Total Visits: The number of unique visitors for all variations of this landing page.
- Total Conversions: The total number of conversions for all variations of this landing page.
- Total Conversion Rate: The conversion rate, or percentage of visitors that converted after having viewed any variation of this landing page.
Optimize and A/B Test Standard WordPress Pages
To begin testing variations of an existing WordPress page, just edit the page. You will see a tab at the top of the WYSISYG editor that says ‘Add Variation’. Click this tab to create a new variation of the current page. Just create the variation like you would create any other WordPress page. The system will take care of rotating and tracking the variations for you. The functionality for standard WordPress pages is nearly identical to the functionality of the landing pages.